Enclosure 3 (Aviation Support) to After Action Report to OPORD 8-66 Period 25 Jun through
2 Jul 66
1. Helilift support for OPORD 8-66 was provided by the 281st Avn Co (AML).
(1) Officers - 18
(2) Enlisted personnel - 25
(3) Aircraft - 6 slicks and 3 guns.
b. Support provided:
(1) Sorties - 351
(2) Total Hours - 191.9
(3) Passengers - 284
(4) Cargo - 5.3 Tons
(5) Total infiltrations/exfiltrations - 10
2. The Forward Air Control party attached to Project Delta directed 2 air strikes on 01 Jul in
support of Ranger Co operation. All possible ambush sites within Ranger area of operation were
either bombed or strafed. No secondary explosions or fires were noted by the FAC. Results of
3. Air radio relay was provided by elements of 219th Avn Co (PLEIKU). 2 O1E aircraft were
attached for duration of operation and provided daily air radio relay from 0830 until 1900.
4. All elements providing aviation support to Project Delta did so in a highly professional
s/Floyd J. Walters
FLOYD J. WALTERS